Preparing the hot pepper olive oil (the day before):
- Wash the thyme, bay leaves and rosemary under a thin stream of cold water, dry well, roughly crush the peppercorns and hot peppers, and place all the ingredients in a glass bottle.
- Pour on the olive oil, shake well and cork the bottle.
- Leave to marinate for at least 12 hours.
Preparing the pesto:
- Finely liquidise the oil, garlic and basil leaves.
- Add the roasted pine nuts and Parmesan.
Preparing the Carpaccio:
- Lay the carpaccio out on cold plates and leave to defrost for 10 minutes
- Spread the Carpaccio slices with the pesto.
- Dress the salad and place on the Carpaccio slices.
- Sprinkle the plate with Parmesan shavings and a few dried tomatoes.