Prepare the aromatic olive oil the day before.
- Take a clean, dry glass bottle.
- Under a thin stream of cold water, wash the time, bay leaves and rosemary (dry well), roughly crush the peppercorns and bird's eye chili and place all ingredients in the bottle.
- Pour in the olive oil, shake and cork the bottle. Leave to marinate for at least 12 hours.
Preparing the salad:
- Peel the shallots and chop very finely.
- Quarter the tomatoes, remove the pips and chop into small cubes.
- Place the shallots, tomatoes, finely chopped fresh coriander leaves, olive oil and a pinch of freshly ground mixed peppercorns in a small container.
- Leave to rest for 2 hours in the refrigerator.
Preparing the carpaccio:
- Brown the pine nuts, almonds, hazelnuts and pistachios in a pan without any fat until golden. Then crush and leave to cool.
- Lay out the beef carpaccio on cold plates and defrost for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle the aromatic olive oil over the carpaccio (quantity according to taste).
- Add the roasted nuts, a pinch of unrefined salt and a turn of freshly milled pepper.
- Mix the salad with the shallot/tomato mixture, and dress with olive oil, cider vinegar, balsamic vinegar, unrefined salt and pepper.